With the massive growth of the online gambling industry, virtual sports betting has emerged as an exciting way for bettors to wager on simulated sporting events. Using high-quality graphics and random number generators, Casumo NZ virtual sports games recreate the experience of betting on real sports matches and races. But is it just a passing fad or does virtual sports betting have staying power? This beginner’s guide will teach you everything you need to know about getting started.
Key Virtual Sports Betting Statistics
|Type of Metric
|Specific Data Point
|The virtual sports betting market is expected to grow at a 9% CAGR from 2022-2030 and be worth $22 billion by 2028
|Provider Market Share
|Betradar holds over 50% market share of virtual sports betting providers
|Avg. virtual sports betting session length is 26 minutes compared to 3 minutes for online casino
|Game Rate of Play
|A virtual horse race takes ~2 minutes from start to finish compared to 2-3 minutes for an average eSports match
What Are Virtual Sports?
Virtual sports are digital recreations of traditional sports and eSports that allow you to place bets through online sportsbooks and betting sites. The matches and competitions featured in these games use random number generators to produce random and realistic results. Some of the most common virtual sports you can bet on are football, horse racing, greyhound racing, motor sports, tennis, basketball, cycling, golf, cricket, and darts.
These sports simulations recreate the real-life events very closely. The graphics and animations make it seem like you’re watching an actual match or race, which creates an authentic and exciting betting experience.
Types of Virtual Sports Bets
Most virtual sports games allow you to place all the same bet types as you would on a real sporting event:
- Moneyline bets: Wager on which team or competitor you think will win
- Point spread bets: Wager against the spread rather than just the outright winner
- Totals bets: Wager whether the total points scored will be over or under a set line
- Proposition bets: Wager on outcomes other than the final score such as time of first goal
- Parlay bets: Combine multiple bets on one ticket for bigger payouts
Understanding the rules and dynamics of each virtual sport is key to making informed betting decisions. Make sure to get a feel for the gameplay and scoring before starting to place wagers.
Benefits of Virtual Sports Betting
There are several advantages to betting on simulated sports:
- Available 24/7: Virtual sports are always available when real sports are offseason
- Quick satisfaction: Events simulated in minutes so you don’t have to wait days between bets
- Endless markets: Hundreds of unique leagues and competitions to bet on
- Unique strategies: Different approaches than live sports betting
- Bonuses and promos: Lots of great virtual sportsbook signup deals
With matches taking just 2-3 minutes from start to finish, virtual sports betting provides instant excitement and rapid-fire betting action. The ability to place wagers around the clock makes virtual sports the perfect filler between real matches.
Virtual Sports Betting Strategy and Tips
As with any type of sports betting, utilizing winning strategies and following sound advice can help lead to more success when wagering on virtual sports:
- Review stats and trends: Use historical data like past finishing positions to make picks
- Evaluate conditions: Note weather, track conditions and other variables that may affect performance
- Manage your bankroll: Set responsible betting limits and budget appropriately
- Shop for best odds: Compare odds across books to maximize value on your bets
- Avoid emotional betting: Don’t chase losses or bet favorites out of fandom
- Take advantage of promotions: Use bonuses and free bets to boost your bankroll
While virtual sports rely more heavily on random number generators than real sports, there are still observable trends and patterns to capitalize on. Taking the time to study past results can give you an edge.
Leading Virtual Sports Betting Providers
Most online sportsbooks and codigo promocional aviator game sites now offer virtual sports, but some of the leading dedicated providers are:
- Betradar: The virtual sports market leader with the official virtual leagues for many sports franchises and broadcast partners
- Inspired: Creates the leading virtual horse racing and greyhound racing products like Rush Horses
- Golden Race: Top virtual football and virtual sports developer with realistic graphics and gameplay
- Kiron Interactive: Specializes in virtual racing products including horse racing, motor sports, cycling and more
- Global Bet: Known for its virtual tennis leagues and extensive virtual sports betting markets
When choosing a virtual sports betting site, look for providers who offer deep betting markets, realistic graphics, smooth gameplay, and competitive odds.
Is Virtual Sports Betting Legal?
The legality of virtual sports betting depends entirely on your location and the gaming laws that apply. In jurisdictions where online betting is legal and regulated, you can generally wager on virtual sports with no problems. But in areas where Internet gambling is prohibited, virtual sports betting would not be allowed. Be sure to check your local gambling laws and restrictions before signing up with any virtual sportsbooks.
Getting Started with Virtual Sports Betting
If you’re ready to dive into wagering on simulated sporting events, here is a quick guide to get you up and running:
- Research reputable virtual sports betting sites and compare odds, markets, promotions, and more to pick the best option.
- Create your account and make your opening deposit using a recommended payment method.
- Review the posted odds and betting markets for the virtual sport you want to wager on. Soccer and horse racing are perfect for beginners.
- Place your first bet! Start small while you get the hang of virtual sports betting.
- Use sound strategy based on stats and trends to build your bankroll over time.
With attractive bonuses and the ability to bet 24 hours a day, virtual sports are a fun and fast-paced way to put your sports betting skills to the test. Just take the time to learn the dynamics of simulated games to improve your chances. Before you know it, you’ll feel right at home wagering on virtual competitions.
Now that you know the basics, it’s game on! May all your future bets be winning ones.